We are a specialist SMSF audit provider and we pride ourselves on our effective and efficient service. We provide auditing services to SMSF Trustees, accountants and financial planners alike.
Before engaging us for audit, you would need to read our Audit Engagement Letter which clarifies our auditor roles and responsibilities under the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (the SIS Act) and Regulations.
The Audit Engagement Letter, signed by both the auditor and Trustees, will avoid any misunderstanding as to the nature and the extent of the audit. it should confirm the auditor’s acceptance of the appointment and clearly document the scope of the audit.
During the audit we will also ask you to sign a Trustee Representation Letter. We will then issue you with an audit report. Keep this report on your records. Remember, the audit report is not sent to the ATO with your SMSF tax return.
Audit Document Checklist
When we conduct an SMSF Audit, it consists of two parts:
- The Financial Report Audit
- The Compliance Report Audit
The main components of the Audit file required for a Financial Report Audit are:
- Signed Audit Engagement Letter by the Trustees
- Signed Trustee Representation Letter
- Financial Report – includes a Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Member Statements
- Completed Annual Tax Return
- Supporting documents for all items in the Financial Reports
The main components of the Audit file required for a Compliance Audit Report are:
- Permanent files for the SMSF
To download our Permanent files templates, please see here.Copy of signed Trust Deed
For our sample Trust Deed, please see hereCopy of signed Minutes of Meetings
For our sample Minutes, please see hereCopy of signed Investment Strategy
For our sample Investment Strategy, please see hereCopy of signed Consent to act as Trustee and Member Applications
For our sample Trustee Consent and Member Application, please see hereCopy of signed Trustee Declaration, only applicable for SMSFs that were set up after 1 July 2007
For our sample Trustee Declaration from the ATO, please see here
- Copy of signed Pension documentation, if the Fund is in pension mode
- Actuarial Certificate, if applicable
- Life insurance certificate for Members, if applicable
- ASIC Annual Return if the SMSF has a company acting as the Trustee of the Fund
The sources of information used to prepare the Financial Statements for the year ended 30 June 2018 are noted below:
- Foreign Exchange average rate and year-end rate for the 2018 Financial Year
- ASX Share Price at 30 June 2018
- Gold & Silver Price as at 30 June 2018
To know more about our audit process and to obtain an online SMSF audit quote, please follow this link.