During the Financial Year, the SMSF that receives a contribution is always obliged to report the contribution to the Tax Office, even if it has been rolled out or paid to a Member before the end of that year.
When filling in the Annual Return form, as an SMSF Trustee, you need to ensure that the following two sections are filled in correctly:
- Section F (Member Information): report information for all current Members at 30 June 2014, regardless of their account balance. Include all Members who have received a payment of an income stream benefit from the SMSF and who hold an interest in the Fund at 30 June 2014.
- Section G (Supplementary Member Information): report information for deceased Members (a date of death is only available in this section); all former Members who left the SMSF during the year by either rolling out all of their benefits or being paid all of their benefits as superannuation lump sum, and any other Members who cannot be included in Section F in the Annual Return.
Note: In the 2014 Annual Return, the following changes have been made in section F and section G:
- Label P has been renamed as “Inward rollovers and transfers”.
- Label Q has been renamed as “Outward rollovers and transfers”.
- You no longer report rolled in contributions at contribution labels A to M.
Trackback from your site.