Superannuation Warehouse Australia Pty Ltd
Central to the success of Superannuation Warehouse Australia Pty Ltd is our commitment to our clients. We honour without reservation our obligation to respect and protect the privacy of the personal information of individuals with whom we deal.
The information we gather and store
Whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so, we collect information about you directly from you. In some cases, we collect personal information from third parties including public sources, agents and your adviser(s).
We collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide you with quality products or services
- consider applications and approaches you make to us
- maintain your contact details
- fulfill our legal obligations under applicable laws and rules, such as those relating to taxation and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing.
We generally hold personal information relating to:
- the products and services we provide or have provided to you
- your financial interests and sometimes your financial position, if you are a customer or potential customer of ours
- your name, contact details and identification information (including government-issued tax numbers)
- records of our interactions with you, including by telephone, email and online
- your enquiries or complaints.
What we use the information for
We only use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission. For example, we may use and disclose personal information to process applications, administer and manage our products and services including monitoring, auditing, and evaluating those products and services, model and test data, communicate with you and deal with any complaints or enquiries. We may also use and disclose your personal information (on a confidential basis) in connection with acquisitions, mergers or changes in control of our business or assets.
We do not sell personal information to other organisations to allow them to do this.
We may share personal information inside Superannuation Warehouse Australia Pty Ltd, and may disclose personal information outside the Superannuation Warehouse Australia Pty Ltd:
- as required by relevant laws or rules, such as those relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing
- to service providers who provide services including archival, auditing, accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, delivery, data processing, data analysis, information broking, mailing, marketing, research, investigation, insurance, identity verification, brokerage, maintenance, trustee, securitisation, website and technology services
- to your nominated financial adviser with your permission.
In some circumstances the parties with whom we share personal information may operate outside of Australia. Where this occurs, we take steps to protect personal information against misuse or loss.
Maintaining accurate and up to date information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is as accurate as is possible. You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Storing information and data securely
We use security procedures and technology to protect the information and data we hold. Access to and use of personal information and data within Superannuation Warehouse Australia Pty Ltd seeks to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information.
If other organisations provide support services, we require them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information and data provided to them.
Where the personal information and data we collect is no longer required, we delete the information and data or permanently de-identify it.
You can access or correct your information
You can contact us as set out below to request access to or correction of your personal information. In normal circumstances we will give you full access or make the requested corrections to your information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny these requests. If your request is denied, we will provide you with the reason why. Where we decide not to make a requested correction to your personal information and you disagree, you may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the information.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
Links on the Superannuation Warehouse site to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of www.smsfwarehouse.com.au.
Policy updated 6 May 2014